The cloning blues
- Wrecked a DNA extraction by grabbing the wrong Pipetter and putting 300 microliters into a tube instead of 3.
- Misread an illegible label and used butanol instead of ethanol, destroyed second attempt at the aforementioned DNA extraction.
- Dropped the wrong tube in the trash, screwed up the third attempt at the aforementioned DNA extraction.
- Kept a gel on the UV bench too long while trying to chop out little cubes with a razor blade, annihilated all the DNA, and screwed up fourth attempt at aforementioned DNA extraction.
- The PCR cycler didn't close correctly, and my reaction tubes evaporated; screwing up fifth attempt at aforementioned DNA extraction. (At least this one wasn't my fault.)
I definitely sticking to informatics -- that part of the rotation is going pretty well. I'm just not cut out for benchwork.