Russell's Blog

New. Improved. Stays crunchy in milk.

Bioengineering side project

Posted by Russell on February 22, 2011 at 5:10 p.m.
I've been working on a little bioengineering side project, and I just finished putting together a working version of the firmware. It'll probably take some refinement, but I've managed to get the microcontroller to do what I need it to do -- measure visible light irradiance over a wide range of intensities.

This is the light intensity in microwatts per square centimeter measured at about a 0.3 second resolution. I haven't done any of the actual bio- part of the bioengineering, so for the moment the light curve is the beginnings of a sunset at Mishka's cafe.

I'll post more about this once I have the prototype working. Next up, 3D printing!