3D printing update
Things to do :
- I'm going to try cutting the plastic use even more by adding a skirt around the plate (like a normal titer plate), and adjusting the outer height of each well.
- Add a fill-line to each well.
- Raise the well edges a little more, and add drain-holes between wells to prevent spillage between wells and to make filling easier.
- Add embossed row and column labels.
- Add an embossed text area for user notations (e.g., for which sample group is this plate calibrated).
Also, if you are interested in this stuff, the UC Davis Biomedical Engineering made me instructor of a variable unit class (graded P/NP) called "Research internship in robotics for the laboratory" for Winter 2012. Sign up for BIM192, sec 2 (the CRN is 24791).